Plaats een nieuw onderwerp  Reageren op dit onderwerp  [ 1 berichten ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 16 Jun 2006, 20:38 
Sigarenplatform.nl Crew
Sigarenplatform.nl Crew

GeregistreerdCOLON 26 Feb 2006, 16:29
BerichtenCOLON 4372
WoonplaatsCOLON London
Pinar del Rio, Jun 12 (Prensa Latina) Thanks to preventive measures, the several days of heavy rains in the western province of Pinar del Rio have thus far not affected tobacco crops.

According to local Agriculture Delegate Gonzalo Rodriguez, the strategy is now to prevent a possible loss of quality of tobacco leaves due to excess humidity, and agriculture workers are prioritizing separation to allow air circulation.

As soon as weather conditions permit, doors and windows of the installations will be opened to facilitate the drying process, the official confirmed.

Rodriguez highlighted that between 24 and 25 percent of products are estimated to be affected or lost and so the strategy will be sowing short-term crops, for which they have sufficient workforce with the required experience.

Pinar del Rio’s reservoirs have increased levels from 49 to 83 percent due to the heavy rain.

Berichten weergeven van de afgelopenCOLON  Sorteer op  
Plaats een nieuw onderwerp  Reageren op dit onderwerp  [ 1 berichten ] 

Alle tijden zijn Array Etc/GMT-1