Sigarenplatform

Het is momenteel 24 Apr 2024, 05:20

Alle tijden zijn Array Etc/GMT-1

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp  Reageren op dit onderwerp  [ 30 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina 1 2 Volgende
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 14:53 
Professor in de sigarologie
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 04 Sep 2008, 10:46
BerichtenCOLON 9403
WoonplaatsCOLON Kortrijk - België
/* topic vormgegeven door Cliff, ik kreeg echter de tekst en foto's van Frank (Afficionado)*/

Topic : Reviev van de Partagas Visible Inmenso

Zoals jullie weten heb ik het geluk gehad om een Partagas Visible Inmenso te kopen voor mijn collectie.
Nu mag ik jullie verrassen met een review van deze sigaar.
Ik heb uiteraard mijn sigaar niet gerookt en ben dan ook blij dat ik de review mag posten van een grote Aficionado die deze sigaar heeft mogen roken.
Als bron dien ik ICC (Internat. Cigar Club) te vermelden en de Auteur die zo vriendelijk was om zijn toestemming te geven voor de publicatie op ons aller Platform is WayneN.
Op uitdrukkelijke vraag van de Auteur wil ik hier eveneens vermelden dat WayneN NIET MRN is maar een persoon die zeer dicht staat bij MRN.
Verder wil ik nog meegeven dat ik geen enkel discussie wil/kan houden over de Auteur van dit artikel en dat deze review gaat over het roken van deze zeldzame sigaar en niet over de Auteur.
Contact met de Auteur is tot stand gekomen via Nino Munoz van http://www.flyingcigar.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; die zo vriendelijk was mij in contact te brengen voor het bekomen van de toestemming
Verder zal alles in het Engels geschreven zijn aangezien de originele review in deze taal werd gemaakt en de Auteur gevraagd heeft om een link van dit artikel op ons platform naar hem door te mailen.
Veel leesplezier.

Englisch Translation :

As you all know I was fortunate to buy a Partagas Visible Inmenso for my collection.

I may now surprise you all with a review of this cigar.

Of course I did not smoke my cigar but I am very happy that I get to post the review of a great aficionado who actually smoked the cigar.

Of course I have to mention ICC and the Author, WayneN who was so kind as to give me permission to post this review on our cigarplatform.

The Author asked me to mention that WayneN is NOT MRN but someone close to MRN

Readers please note that I will not discuss the Author with you as this review is about the tasting of the cigar and not about the Author.

Contact with the Author was established by Nino Munoz of http://www.flyingcigar.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who assisted me in getting in touch and obtaining the permission.

The rest of this review is written in English as the original review is written in this language and the Author asked me to send him a link of the review here in
cigarplatform by mail.

Enjoy the review.
Best Regards,
Frank

1. My Daily Cigar XXXIII (No. 33) – Official Thread

Just finished the Partagás Inmenso with Fatcigar as company. He smokes different cigars but shares some puffs with a pipe as I smoked along.

The cigar was clipped at 5.30 pm. 15 minutes were used in examining the cigar, taking pictures of the solid marble head exposed, and taking pre-light draws.

This cigar was lighted at 5.45 pm, using the ultimate high tech lighter, ultimate lighting techniques which voided all the discussions in this thread:

http://www.internationalcigarclub.com/f ... hp?t=16070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only needed re-light once until 11.15 pm and the cigar was put down to have dinner.

Cigar re-lighted and smoking resumed at 12.10 am. No relighting since.

Finished at 3.00 am. Total smoking time 8 hours and 10 minutes.

Photos were taken every 30 minutes, together with some extra in between. Very detailed tasting notes were taken, all confirmed by puffs shared by Fatcigar.

This is one hell of a smoking experience.

Will write in installments as many, many pictures were taken, and have many, many things to say.

No set date of posting them as I’ll be extremely busy after the Chinese New Year holidays. Will post them a soon as I can. I’d rather post things in detail than rushing things.

Stay tuned for the fun. Pairing drinks? You will know in due course.

1. Re: My Daily Cigar XXXIII (No. 33) – Official Thread
Installment No.1

The day was the third day of the Chinese New Year. Well, it was a public holiday for me and I could see no reason to not wake up a little later than usual. I told Fatcigar we’ll start at noon.

Fatcigar arrived at my house at 1 pm.

We immediately wasted no time to take pictures of the cigars. It needed half-an-hour. Ironic day! Hard work preceded everything in this supposedly leisurely day.

After the photos of the cigars were taken. We started the day smoking Cubatabaco 25 Aniversario cigars with a bottle of NV Billecart Salmon Brut Reserve to relax before eating lunch.

A perfect match as I have anticipated. As I knew both the Champagne and the cigar well.

I’ll let Fatcigar post his opinions on the Champagne and cigar as we happened to agree on everything. He corrected my things written in the book which I now absolutely agree with. What a connoisseur! There are many people with better palates than mine. Nothing surprising as I am just an ordinary smoker. But I wish people to know this just for the record.

Pic 1: The 4 Visible Inmenso coffins. On the right you can see part of the Visible Inmenso cigar I was about to smoke. It comes within a glass tube but without the coffin. You can also see it was patched with wrappers to repair the cracks. I removed wrappers from some 1970s Diplomatic No.7 to repair the cracks. I chose this cigar wrapper as it happens to be completely bland in smell and taste. It will not give any additional flavours to ruin the original taste. I used freshly cooked and diluted starch gel to paste the wrappers. My invention of tasteless “glue” I often use and has proven to work.

Afbeelding

Pic 2: The lids removed to show the glass tubes. You can see the 2 cigars on the near side have different size cigar bands versus the 2 on the farther side. The red bands encircling the end of the tube of the 2 near side cigars is in English, the 2 on the farther side is in Spanish. These cigars came from different sources. A definite proof that this cigar was exported to different countries. The myth that these were special commissioned cigars is busted. They were regular productions exported to different countries. Very unfortunately I forgot to take close-up pictures of the red bands at the end of the tubes. Fatcigar took some pictures and hopefully he did and will post.

Afbeelding

Pic 3: Cigars removed from the tubes. All are in absolutely perfect condition. By absolutely perfect I do mean absolutely perfect. We smelled the foot of the cigars. One cigar in the coffin smelled of very aged rum. The other 4, including the cigar to be smoked, smelled exactly the same. We agreed the description of the smell was exactly the very strong rotten, bordering on stinging smell of very aged salted fish. A southern China thing. Not many people like this smell, including myself. I never eat salted fish for this reason. But for many, it is a delicacy. The Cantonese people age everything: abalone, orange peels, soy sources, everything. Impossible to describe the smell for people who have not smelled these aged salted fishes. But we agreed this would be the exact description. So we concluded that the cigar about to be smoked would be exactly the same as the other 3 which had the same smell, despite the coffin missing. I did not put back the repaired cigar into its tube. The original fit is so perfect that even with a thin piece of wrapper patched it could not enter again.

Afbeelding

Pic 4: The back of the coffin. All say “Hecho en Cuba” and can be dated to the mid-1970s using my stamp dating method. I have heard of pre-Embargo ones but have never heard of, let alone seen any other post-Embargo specimens.

/* this one isn't added */

Pic 5: A picture of the to-be-smoked cigar together with the rest 4. This is the last picture of them together.

/* this one isn't added */

Pic 6: What hard labour of 30 minutes before we even started to smoke and drink anything!!!! I opened a new box of Cubatabaco 25 Aniversario for Fatcigar. How can I serve anything less to someone who kindly gifted me a box of Don Cándido 504 Belicosos without asking anything in return? I will let Fatcigar post his thoughts on this cigar and I’ll join his post.

Afbeelding

We smoked the 25 Ani very leisurely sipping the NV Billecart Salmon Brut Reverve. A perfect match for this cigar. It lasted over 2 hours. We were totally relaxed after the hard work. Fatcigar took some pictures of the cigars while smoking and he’ll post later. Then we went for lunch. I guess the time would be 3.30 pm when we started eating dim sum lunch.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

(To be continued when I have time.)

Installment No. 2

3.30 pm to 5.10 pm
We ate the dim sum lunch leisurely. A lot of topics were discussed. The conversations were mainly about the current global financial crisis, world politics, Hong Kong things, Mainland China things, but very little about cigars. It was a very relaxing lunch. We finished at 5.10 pm and drank about 2/3 of the magnum bottle of Gosset Champagne.

5.10 pm
We went to the living room. I gave Fatcigar a stick of 1995 custom rolled Hoyo Particulares and asked him to help himself. I think both of us took some pictures of the Hoyo Particulares. More on this cigar later.

5.20 pm
I started to examine the Visible Inmenso. The cigar was rolled absolutely flawlessly. It felt quite soft but meanwhile very “resistant” to slight pressure. Now the amazing thing! The cigar felt absolutely uniform all along its whole length. Not a trace of soft or hard spots detected. Unbelievable craftsmanship!

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

5.30 pm
I clipped the cigar. Using ordinary cigar cutting scissors. The head felt very solid when I cut it. A slight conical protrusion was visible and the cut cap contained some solid cigar leaves. This is a true “marble head” cigar.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

5.35 pm to 5.45 pm

I took some pre-light draws gently for about 10 minutes. The draws were perfect. And I do mean perfect. The draws were without any efforts but meanwhile had just enough “pull” (resistance) for perfect puffing. This cigar never ceased to amaze me.

The pre-light taste was something I had never experienced before. Smelled of very faint pure alcoholic taste, otherwise, no nothing. The alcoholic taste could best be described as vodka like, very pleasant with absolutely no additional flavours detected. No hint of the “aged salted fish” smell at the foot detected.

Afbeelding

5.45 pm

I lighted the cigar. The “lighter” used was actually a tool for welding jewelry, manufactured by Spiegel of Japan.

The flame is extremely intensely hot. The “tip” of the flame is pinhead sharp for absolute precision in welding extremely delicate things like jewelry.

Actually, just by lighting the wrapper is already enough to light the whole cigar. Well demonstrated by these pictures. Note that the angle of the cigar versus the flame was oblique at a 60 degree angle away from the tip of the flame, this avoids burning the surface of the whole foot of the cigar. For people who want to preserve the smell of the foot of the cigar. This is the way to light the cigar.

This also voids all the arguments of “heat getting into the foot of a cigar when lighting and will ruin the taste” thread if you use this method to light a cigar.
http://www.internationalcigarclub.com/f ... hp?t=16070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

I think Purodave had once commented I torched the Dinner of the Century Torpedo at a horizontal angle. That was because I wanted to get rid of the musty smell located at the foot of cigars formed by oxidation. I just incinerate about 1/8 inches and the smells located at the foot will be all gone.

In this case, I wanted to preserve the taste of the “aged salted fish” we smelled at the foot. So I used this method.

For the record. Normally for any cigars, I never cared. I just bite off the head and torch whatever cigars casually and smoke them. I really don’t care. If there is a difference. It must be so minimal that I could not detect it. So why should I care?

5.50 pm

The rim was lighted. I very slowly puffed the cigar. With a few very slow puffs (I think about 10) I had successfully lighted the whole foot.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

What did this cigar taste like? I’ll keep the intrigue. This is for Installment No.3.

Installment No.3

5.50 pm

I lighted the rim of the foot and started to puff gently. In the first few puffs I noticed the smell of the “aged salted fish” we smelled previously. The smell was very faint comparing with what we smelled at the foot unlit, but unmistakably being the exact same smell. I put the butt of the cigar into a pipe for Fatcigar to share and he confirmed my impression.

This tasting note confirmed one thing. Smells at the foot are deceptive. They are formed by oxidation and are skin deep. These smells will be completely gone when the foot has been completely lighted. This conforms to all my previous experience and was nothing surprising at all.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

6.00 pm

With about 10 puffs the whole foot was lighted and the “aged salted fish” smell was then completely undetectable. Again confirmed by Fatcigar sharing it with a pipe.

6.00 pm to 6.25 pm

I continued to puff, using my ultra slow smoking technique. This cigar burned extremely well. I only needed to puff about once per every 5 minutes to keep it comfortably alight.

I smoked with my ultra slow smoking technique, drawing smokes very slowly into my mouth and I “dispersed” the smoke slowly though my nostrils and mouth naturally. By naturally I mean I did not “blow” the smoke out with any intention. But just let it disperse naturally.

Now: I encountered something I had never experienced in all my 30+ years of cigar smoking. There was no taste in the smokes. Absolutely NO TASTE detected!!!!! It was like smoking pure air. Not even hints of tobacco taste. It was just PURE AIR. Nothing!!!! Confirmed many times by Fatcigar sharing it with a pipe. How come? I have never experienced this and I cannot offer any explanation. How come I was clearly smoking and had smokes coming out from my nostrils and mouth but the smokes tasted like pure air? Absolutely no taste, no nothing!!!!!! Fortunately I had Fatcigar to document this or otherwise I guess no one would belief this. To be very honest I cannot offer any explanation for this, nor could Fatcigar.

6.25 pm

The absolutely tasteless smoking continued. At 6.25 pm sharp I had the first dropping of the ash, about 1 and 3/ 4 inches long. It dropped suddenly without any warning onto the armchair. The ash was pure snow white. Absolutely uniform and very fine powdery in texture.

I was drinking iced distilled water all along and at this moment I decided I ought to have a drink to relieve me of the boredom.

Afbeelding

6.35 pm

The first drink which came to my mind was a dry martini. Fatcigar suggested I should try the bottle of Hendrick’s gin he kindly gifted me sometime earlier which I had not yet opened. I used my usual recipe. 6 parts gin, one part Noilly Prat vermouth, shaken, not stirred.

I must say this is the best gin I have ever tried. Very, very elegant taste, very “pure”, indescribably pleasant. No gin I have ever tried in my whole life time can come close to beat this gin. I don’t know how Hendrick’s can do gins to this kind of perfection. I only know Fatcigar has yet to steer me wrong. Everything he has ever given me must be something extraordinarily special.

Afbeelding

6.43 pm

I continued to smoke, drinking the dry martini. At precisely 6.43 pm I finally detected a new taste. What is it? I’ll keep the intrigue. This is for installment No. 4.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Installment No. 4

6.43 pm

After nearly one hour of smoking pure air, at 6.43 pm I finally detected a very faint taste in the smoke. The taste is precisely 甘草, a Chinese herb used to flavour dried olives. In English the name of this herb would be liquorice (UK English) or licorice (US English).

Afbeelding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquorice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This taste is unmistakable to Hong Kong Chinese people of my and Fatcigar’s age. In the old days street hawkers sold pickled fruits in front of schools, school kids like us would use our miserable pocket money to buy them.

I have mentioned somewhere in another forum that the ability to recognise certain tastes relies heavily on childhood memories. I immediately asked Fatcigar to taste it and he absolutley agreed and there could be zero doubt to us that this was the exact taste. This taste was so familiar and precise.

7.05 pm

I had the second dropping of ash. The ash was as usual, snow white and powdery in texture. It fell onto the front of the armchair and was totally reduce to scattered powders as it was very, very delicate in texture.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

7.10 pm

The faint 甘草 (liquorice) taste remained the sole taste detected until 7.10 and it was completely gone. Again confirmed by Fatcigar. From then I was smoking pure air again.

7.30 pm

After I finished the first martini I drank iced distilled water again. At 7.30 pm, after taking a picture of the burning cigar, I decided to have another one. This time for comparison purpose I used my usual favourite, Tanqueray 10. As usual 6 parts gin, one part Noilly Prat vermouth.

Afbeelding

Wow! What a difference! This martini absolutely paled in comparison. I told Fatcigar if I had to do the Hendrick’s gin dry martini again I certainly would not have used Noilly Prat, as this brand of vermouth would be way too strong and would ruin the delicate flavours of Hendrick’s gin. I said the Martini brand vermouth would be more suitable because of its lightness and I would even use a 10 to 1 gin/vermouth ratio for the Martini vermouth. We spent a lot of time discussing the wonders of the Hendricks’s gin and I forgot to puff.

7.42 pm

I realised I had not puff for quite sometime and when I puffed again, the cigar had went out. It was absolutely my fault, not the cigar’s. I re-lighted the cigar using the welding torch lighting the rim.

Afbeelding

7.52 pm

The ash dropped the third time. It dropped on the edge of the armchair. At this time I began to notice the ash had become very, very slightly darker, instead of the previous pure snow white.

Afbeelding

At this point I took some measurements and there was 15 inches of the cigar left. I have smoked 5 inches of the cigar. I smoked about 5 inches of the cigar in 2 hours (5.45 pm to 7.52 pm)

Afbeelding

8.45 pm

The smoke remained pure air like and at 8.45 pm I noticed a new faint taste again. It tasted of 話梅. “Sweet and sour pickled plum” which people noticed in the Dinner of the Century Cohiba Torpedo and which I failed to notice. (See My Daily Cigar No. 32). Unmistakable to us again because it was another type of pickled dried fruits sold to school kids by street hawkers in the old days.

9.17 pm

The faint taste of 話梅 (sweet and sour pickled plum) persisted and it was just a hint in the almost tasteless smoke. At this moment I was bored to death and I decided to try something exotic. I opened a bottle of 1996 Ruinart Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs.

Remember I had nothing good to say about ordinary Ruinart Champagnes but Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs is certainly one of the best Blanc de Blancs Champagnes I have tried. Regarding the 1996 vintage it trumps all the Blanc de Blancs I have tried to date, except the Krug Clos du Mesnil which I have never tried because of its outrageous pricing.

I don’t need Ruinart to tell me this. The wine bases are all from 100 point or near 100 point rated growers. Pure heaven. A bit young but quite drinkable now, aging potential for this Champagne is unlimited. In due course this 1996 Champagne will certainly be remembered as one of the all time classic Champagnes of the 20th Century.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

9.53 pm

I resumed smoking. The remaining cigar measured 14.5 inches in length.

Afbeelding

The faint 甘草 (liquorice) taste re-surfaced again. In the midst of the main 話梅 (sweet and sour pickled plum) taste I would say it contributes to 10% of the total taste only.

10.24 pm

The taste of the smoke remained consistent all along. Almost tasteless except for the faint 90% 話梅 (sweet and sour pickled plum) taste and 10%甘草 (liquorice). At precisely 10.24 pm I finally began to notice some faint tobacco taste, again confirmed by Fatcigar sharing it with a pipe.

11.15 pm

The faint tobacco taste slowly increased but was never overwhelming. It remained as a background taste within the faint 90% 話梅 (sweet and sour pickled plum)/10% 甘草 (liquorice) taste.

I would rate the strength as 1/5 all along, I would give a even lower rating of strength before the appearance of 甘草 taste at 7.10 pm. Strength 0/5!!!!! The first time which I have given to any cigars.

We felt hungry at this time and dinner was ready.

I put down the cigar and we started to have dinner. The cigar measured 11 inches at this moment. I had smoked 9 inches of the cigar in 5 1/2 hours (5.45 pm to 11.15 pm).

Afbeelding

11.15 pm to 12.10 am

Dinner was traditional Cantonese cuisine. We opened a new regular bottle of Gosset Grande Reserve and finished the 1/3 of the magnum remaining during the dim sum lunch. We finished the new regular bottle of Gosset at dinner.

Dinner was again a very relaxing affair. We did not discuss anything about cigars, but as usual, the conversations were all about the wide range of topics we had had during lunch.

Afbeelding

12.10 am

Smoking resumed. Now the true taste of this cigar appeared at 12.54 pm. Again I’ll keep the intrique. This is for installment No. 5.

Afbeelding

Installment No. 5

12.10 am

We finished the leisurely dinner and went to the living room to continue the marathon smoking session. The cigar was re-lighted using the same rim lighting method using the welding torch. (See picture #48 in Installment No. 4.)

The cigar measured about 11 inches when we stopped for dinner. (See picture #46 in Installment No. 4.)

The taste was exactly the same as when I put it down at 11.15 pm when we stopped for dinner. That is, faint 90% 話梅 (sweet and sour pickled plum) taste and 10%甘草(liquorice) with very faint tobacco taste as background.

12.54 pm

A completely new type of tobacco taste surfaced which immediately caught my attention. A different kind of toasted tobacco taste was detected. Obviously at this point I had touched some new fillers in the blend.

The cigar measured about 10 1/2 inches at this point.

Afbeelding

(pic 49) You can see in this picture the pipe Fatcigar used to share the smokes.

1.10 am

After a few puffs completely different new tastes appeared. The faint 90% 話梅 (sweet and sour pickled plum) taste and 10%甘草(liquorice) had completely disappeared. Very faint earthiness and mild peppery tastes were detected. Confirmed by Fatcigar with a pipe.

1.20 am

The taste profile was now crystal clear. Old style Lusitania taste! Mind you. It was the 1970s Lusitania’s taste profile, not those from the 1980s or 1990s. The Lusi taste profile from the 1970s when it was still of the 109 vitola and had a conical had. The taste was sweeter, less earthy. The peppery taste was much more elegant than the typical “old style” 1990s Lusi before the 1995 blend change.

As a side note, the Lusi from the early to mid-1980s was different to the “old style” pre-1995 taste. 1970s 109 Lusi was definitely sweeter and more elegant than 1980s Lusi which was again more elegant than pre-1995 Lusi. Fatcigar and I have abundant knowledge of the taste of the 109 Lusi and he absolutely agreed with me on this.

1.20 am to 2.15 am

This one hour was pure bliss. After hours of hard labour of smoking almost pure air I finally entered the blend intended for this cigar. 1970s 109 “old style” Lusi taste, the old 109 Lusitania.

1.30 am

The cigar measures 8 1/2 inches at 1.30 am. I had smoked about 1 and a half inches in 40 minutes (12.54 am to 1.30 am). Note that despite I was still smoking with my very same ultra slow smoking technique, the cigar was burning much quicker then previously. My reason is that, previously I was smoking pure volado leaves which burned ultra slowly. Now I was beginning smoking a “normal” cigar and it burned at a normal rate.

I concluded the 109 Lusi fillers started at around 9 1/2 and 10 inches which were the absolute tips of the these Lusi fillers. Compatible with the length of leaves used to bunch the 184 mm or 7 1/8 inches of the 109 vitola at that time. The 109 Lusi had a “solid foot” and 1/3 of the leaves were “wasted” to create the solid foot.

Afbeelding
(pic 50)

1.45 am

A picture of the cigar was taken and it measured about 8 inches.

Afbeelding
(pic 51)

Drinks
From 12.10 am when we re-started smoking we still had about 2/5 bottle of the 1996 Dom Ruinart left, but to be honest, we were very tired and the Champagne, despite absolutely sublime, were not attractive to us anymore. We were so tired we could barely speak. We didn’t finish the Champagne. You can see how tired we were. We had no more moods for any “pairing drinks” anymore. We drank distilled water only.

Something interesting. Fatcigar was drinking distilled water at room temperate. I continued to drink my distilled water with ice. I asked him to switch to iced distilled water. Fatcigar noticed his palate immediately became much sharper. I explained to him. The sensations in the palate would be much enhanced when it is cooled. This is the reason why wines drink absolutely dull at room temperatures of around 23° Celsius. Apparently the colder the mouth, the sharper the sensory power. Why is it? No explanation. An observation which requires no explanation to sustain.

2.00 am

A picture of the cigar was taken and it measured about 7 inches. I would say this was the best tasting moment of the whole cigar journey.

Afbeelding
(pic 52)

2.15 am

The cigar began to taste bitter and unpleasant.

2.30 am
The cigar tasted absolutely bitter. This was the sole sensation from the smokes. Overwhelming every taste in the smokes. Fatcigar confirmed this sharing the cigar with a pipe. Fatcigar had confirmed the bitter taste was NOT because of my burned out tongue, but could only be attributed to the cigar.

2.30 am to 3.00 am

At 2.30 am there was about 5 1/2 inches of cigar left. I had smoked 1 and 1/2 inches in 30 minutes (2.00 am to 2.30 am). I was beginning to rush the cigar as I was struggling to finish the cigar.

Afbeelding
(pic 53)

The term struggling was not an exaggeration. As the smokes caused a burning sensation to the tongue. Nearing 3.00 am the sensation could only be described as painful. Yes painful. Again confirmed by Fatcigar, he had no pain in the tongue, every puff from the cigar caused him pain.

3.00 am

I surrendered. Note that I only smoked half an inch in 30 minutes. I was forced to take very, very small puffs as each puff was killing me.

Everyone has a limit when it comes to pain. I could still continue as I had a soldier’s tolerance of pain but I could see no reason to do this. It would be silly to do so.

I declared defeat. I could not finish this cigar. The cigar butt measured 4 inches. Adding the 1/2 inch of butt which I cut off because it was absolutely intolerably burning to the tongue, I had 5 inches of the cigar left which I could not finish.

Afbeelding
(pic 54) Noted that even towards the end the ash remained near snow white.

I put the cigar into an “arena” shaped ashtray. This cigar had won against me. I could only manage to finish 3/4 of this monster cigar.

Afbeelding
(pics 55)

I will post an overall comment on this cigar. This would be for Installment No. 6.

Installment No. 6

Summary of tasting notes

A cigar measuring 20 inches and 53 ring gauge. Smoking pure air for the first 10 inches. Faint old 109 Lusi taste for the next 3 inches. Just about when the cigar began to show the sublime tastes of the old 109 Lusi it went downhill into bitterness. The next 2 inches were nothing but torture. No normal human being could bear this cigar when the last 5 inches were left.

In short. Out of the 20 inches. Only 3 inches of faint 109 Lusi taste. The rest was a total waste of time.

Construction

The master blenders who made this cigar were well aware of this problem. So the first 10 inches were nothing but pure tasteless volado leaves. I dare say the volado leaves were extra aged or extra fermented to rid any substances which would accumulate and make this cigar tastes unbearable after 10 inches. The next 10 inches were just normal old 109 Lusi blend.

No matter how careful you smoke. Tar accumulates at the un-smoked cigar and when leaves with real substances began to burn. The residues accumulates within the absolutely tar saturated un-smoked leaves and renders this cigar unbearably bitter.

Conclusion
A big folly for megalomaniacs. No matter how. 9 inches are the maximum length for a cigar. Time tested by trial and error so you don’t find any cigars exceeding this length.

Nonetheless a testament to the craftsmanship which master rollers can achieve. A cigar for museum collections. Certainly not for smoking.

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:07 
MAYOR
MAYOR
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 24 Jun 2008, 20:32
BerichtenCOLON 7333
Just way too much... :)

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:12 
Sigarenplatform.nl Crew
Sigarenplatform.nl Crew

GeregistreerdCOLON 26 Feb 2006, 16:29
BerichtenCOLON 4372
WoonplaatsCOLON London
Wat een geweldig, indrukwekkende.....review ? nee.....reportage........godallemachtig......
dat fotomateriaal, de metingen.....en die enorme sigaar....magnifique !
ik ga het nog een keer lezen....

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:24 
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 23 Apr 2010, 10:27
BerichtenCOLON 2748
WoonplaatsCOLON Tielt-Winge
Ik zou bij deze Cliff graag bedanken voor de tijd (en dat was niet gering) die hij in het plaatsen van deze review heeft gestoken.

Klasse Cliff.

Ik hoop dat hiermee alle vragen van het vorige topic "Visible Inmenso" beantwoord zijn.

Veel leesplezier allemaal.

Frank

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:36 
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 17 Jun 2010, 15:44
BerichtenCOLON 2519
WoonplaatsCOLON Leusden
Wat een fantastische review!! Gaat Cliff dan toch zelf die sigaren winnen :twisted:

Het heeft me wel even gekost om hem te lezen :shock: Wat een verhaal!!

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:40 
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 23 Apr 2010, 10:27
BerichtenCOLON 2748
WoonplaatsCOLON Tielt-Winge
MrAppleton schreefColon
Wat een fantastische review!! Gaat Cliff dan toch zelf die sigaren winnen :twisted:

Het heeft me wel even gekost om hem te lezen :shock: Wat een verhaal!!

Deze review speelt niet mee met "de beste review" aangezien ik hem niet zelf heb geschreven maar dat mag de pret niet drukken :P

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:43 
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 14 Mei 2010, 13:19
BerichtenCOLON 4006
speechless...
a piece of craftmanship but apparantly not meant to be consumed
nevertheless great story!

cool such a huge torch
what about the sharing with a pipe?
didn't get that completely

Laatst gewijzigd door 1 op AdC, in totaal 31 keer gewijzigd.

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:48 
Meester
Meester
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 13 Okt 2009, 10:58
BerichtenCOLON 1031
WoonplaatsCOLON Aalter
PRACHTIG =D> =D> Die 'fatcigar' zit ook op FoH, en heeft daar ook al wat speciallekes laten zien ze...

Wat ik me nu steeds afvraag, is dat de man zegt "distilled water" te drinken, wat bij mij nog altijd gedistilleerd water is? :roll:

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:56 
Meester
Meester
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 14 Dec 2009, 21:33
BerichtenCOLON 934
Kanonne zeg, wat een sigaar jongens. Hoe komt het nou dat er zolang geen smaak wordt waargenomen? wordt alles gefilterd door de enorme hoeveelheid tabak?

Mooi materiaal en ook leerzaam voor iedere sigaarroker. Tnx for posting!

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 15:59 
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 27 Aug 2009, 15:04
BerichtenCOLON 2998
WoonplaatsCOLON Nieuwegein
volgens mij staat distilled voor sterke drank...

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 16:02 
Meester
Meester
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 04 Jan 2009, 21:02
BerichtenCOLON 1454
Bedankt voor het regelen van de review Cliff.

Zeker een feestje zoiets te lezen. Ondanks dat de sigaar misschien geen daverend succes voor de roker was, houd ik wel van dit soort eerlijke revies.

TOP!!!

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 16:59 
Meester
Meester
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 17 Sep 2009, 18:59
BerichtenCOLON 1536
WoonplaatsCOLON Haarlem
Mooi stuk 'just need to know' van de kant van de reviewer...

'This is one of those cases in which the imagination is baffled by the facts'
Adam Smith

Mort á la Lasioderma Serricorne!!!

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 17:02 
MAYOR
MAYOR
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 03 Nov 2007, 22:06
BerichtenCOLON 5014
WoonplaatsCOLON Deventer
Cliff, ik kan helaas de mening van de anderen niet delen.
Het roken van een partagas visible inmensos is gelijk idioterie.
Ik heb de hand weten te leggen op een visueel zeer toegankelijke
serie foto's die duidelijk laat zien waar jullie nu mee bezig zijn, de horror! :shock:

Mijn goede raad.........Niet Roken die Inmensos !

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

MC

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 17:37 
Amante del tabacco & comité du cigarre
Amante del tabacco & comité du cigarre
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 12 Apr 2007, 14:03
BerichtenCOLON 6603
Nou Frank dan weet jij ook dat je hem met een gerust hart kan laten liggen. Je gaat er dus niets aan missen.
Ik ben ook een tijdje op icc geweest maar nu niet meer.
Veel kennis daar aanwezig.

BerichtGeplaatstCOLON 31 Mei 2011, 17:44 
Meester
Meester
Gebruikers-avatar

GeregistreerdCOLON 06 Apr 2010, 07:44
BerichtenCOLON 745
WoonplaatsCOLON Opwijk
Amai!
Wat een review.
Eigelijk verbaast het me niet dat de sigaar tegenvalt op gebied van smaak. Maar het maakt het inderdaad des te gemakkelijker om hem te laten liggen als pronkstuk van de collectie :)

Bedankt om dit te delen Cliff =D>

Berichten weergeven van de afgelopenCOLON  Sorteer op  
Plaats een nieuw onderwerp  Reageren op dit onderwerp  [ 30 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina 1 2 Volgende

Alle tijden zijn Array Etc/GMT-1